Thursday, March 12, 2009

THE BEACH IN THE WINTER

We went to the beach in the February. Erich delivered a customer to Charleston so we went along. It was cold but 3 year olds don't care. We spent several days on the beach in sweat pants with 40 and 50 degree weather but the last day it was 70. Jack and Annie started out filling a bucket with some water and getting their toes wet. Then they went into the water. I don't even think they realized how cold it was in the water.


Sharing:)

Do you think they know how cold it is?


Jack loved to shovel on the beach. He dug so many holes then. . .

. . .ran his tractors through them.


Annie was so busy! She said she had so much work to do. She wants to wear her John Deere shirt every day.

Gotta love the rubber boots. Jack wears them everywhere. So, of course, Annie does, too!
A man was walking down the beach and stopped and laughed at Jack and Annie. He asked them if they were going digging for clams. Jack replied, " No, I'm getting water for my tractor!"




Annie is going to be a gymnast. She was pretending the shovel was a balance beam.














Blowing bubbles








Who needs toys when you have a good stick?









We took our bikes and went for a bike ride.











Grandpa Bob and Grandma Jane pose for a picture.











Annie looks out from the top of the fire tower. She didn't want me to take her picture. But I got a good one!










Grandpa Bob tries to get a picture with Annie, easier said than done.











We had to go to the Nature Center and see Hodge Podge. Jack and Annie want two rabbits for Easter. They want to name them Jack and Annie.


Grandma Jane braved the cold water with Annie. The pool was covered with a bubble but. . . it was cold! Jack didn't want to get in. He sat on the steps.














We had dinner at our favorite restaurant with Grandma Jane- Garribaldis.






























1 comment:

Cindy said...

I need to take more pictures! You always have such great ones on your blog.

I forgot to tell you that Annie and Matthew got into a tug of war for a toy at your small group - Annie had it first I'm pretty sure, however Matthew think's he's the owner of all things with letters. Gary's first question was "Who won?" I had to tell him that Matthew was bested by a girl!

Love you lots!
C