Our faithful Golden Retriever, Ollie, passed away on Sunday. He was Jack and Annie's good friend. He was failing the past several weeks. Annie had been feeding him out of her hand. It was so precious. On Saturday, Ollie, could not lift his head and Annie sat beside him and put food in his mouth. I would have to help him up in the mornings to go outside. Annie would stand by the door until I got him up. When he would walk outside she would cheer. It brings tears to my eyes thinking about how sweet she was with Ollie.

Jack and Ollie taking a walk two days ago.

Annie loved Ollie! This morning she asked me, "Where Ollie?" I told her he was in heaven. Obviously, Jack and Annie can't comprehend, however, they know something is different. I read, Dog Heaven by Cynthia
Rylant to them. It might help someday but all it did was make me cry.

Fletcher is lost without Ollie. Annie sat on the porch this morning and kept petting Fletcher.

Jack, Annie and Daddy gave Ollie a bath this summer.
Ollie was 14 years old. We loved Ollie!!!!
3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear Ollie has left us, it hurts so bad when we lose our furbabies. He was a very good boy, he will be missed. Take joy in your memories of him.
Tammy
So sorry to hear about Ollie. Having a dog, I wonder how I will manage it when that day comes for us.
You're all in my thoughts. Hugs & kisses!
Cindy
I'm so very sorry to hear about Ollie. Until close to 2 years ago, I didn't quite comprehend how much our furry companions can mean to us. Then we got a kitten. WOW. About a year later, we got another kitten. DOUBLE WOW.
Now I get it...as do my husband and our sons.
It's great that you have so many pictures of Ollie...Jack and Annie will really enjoy them as they get older.
Post a Comment