Monday, February 4, 2008

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!

Happy Chinese New Year! We had a Chinese New Year Party on Sunday. There were almost 100 people there. There were lots of precious Chinese girls. Our Chinese class did a little performance and there were many special activities.


The group photo minus several kids who were running around. I "caught" Jack and Annie while a picture was quickly taken- thanks Traci! Jack and Annie are in the upper right corner.


Jack "hams" it up during his performance.
His blonde hair was really contrasted among all the Chinese girls and boys at the party.




Jack and Annie's friend, Lili, performed in a flag routine.
It was a lot of hard practice.


Annie thinks the flag routine looks more fun than hers.
She wants to be like the big girls and perform with the flags.
She just walked in circles and looked at everyone during her
performance with the little kids.

The craft table was full so Annie laid on the floor and started to color.
She was oblivious to anyone stepping over her.


Jack and Annie take a break with me. They were so tired, me too!
It was a fun evening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great pics. Looks like everyone had fun!!!

Cindi said...

It looks like everyone had a great time! I really admire you for learning the Chinese language. I've heard that it is one of the most difficult languages to learn. I love that Jack is also learning about the Chinese culture too! Your children are absolutely adorable!!