Sunday, April 1, 2007

GUANDGZHOU/ VISA PICTURE



The lobby of The White Swan Hotel.



Hi Everyone! You can make comments on our blog, now!!!! I have had so many people e-mail me that they were unable to make comments. I think I fixed it AND we can view our blog, too!
You don't have to send the comments anymore, Melissa- Thanks!






Erich is doing double duty! Notice he is holding the sippy cup with his teeth. Jack thought he would try to help. He is hoping to be nominated for "Daddy of the Year!"












Annie outside Starbucks! Daddy needed a coffee, badly!










A better view, too many people were touching Jack's hair!






We woke up to another beautiful day. It is hot and humid. We are staying at The White Swan Hotel. They call it "the baby" hotel because it is filled with adoptive parents from all over the world and many agencies. The breakfast buffet is much better here because it also has American food. Erich and Grandma Jane still weren't liking the coffee so we found a Starbucks. Erich's headache is mysteriously gone! Can we say too much caffeine?? We got Annie's passport picture taken. She cried and that's the picture they used. Oh well! Erich Grandma Jane, Grandpa Bob, Jack and Annie went exploring while I finished our final visa paperwork.


This man was painting a picture with ink and the side of his hand. We bought the horse. It was amazing to watch.








Jack found another fun playground. Doesn't China look fun, Nico?
Kung Fu lessons





Check out the lady pointing at Jack!




There exercise equipment is all over on the streets. It was like this in Nanchang, too! Watch out Kelly I think we got some ideas for you!!




Kaitlin and Annie with Bring Me Hope girls.


We have many adventures still to come in Guandzhou. Stay tuned. . . Love, Kari


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Kari -

Awesome photos today! It looks beautiful there! I have to go and get the troops ready for church, but just wanted to pop in and say hi!

And it does look like Erich is a strong contender for father of the year!

Love,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Kari nad Erich,

The pictures are great. John and I are following your progress. It has taken me quite a bit of time to figure out how to post a comment. Annie is as cute as a button. Jack must be having the time of his life. Can't wait to see you when you get home.

Cynthia and John

Ted and Nancy said...

Hi-
The pictures are wonderful...brought back a lot of memories...wish we were there with you! Starbucks is new. I know we would have discovered that because we had bad or instant coffee for 2 weeks! Lili loves the pictures of Jack and says, "Jack's sisser is so cute. Bring her home!" I assured her that you would definitely bring her home!
Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hello Bichsel family of FOUR!!!

Marco and I just sat down and went through the photos and comments. What an exciting trip for all of you - left as three coming home as four! Annie is beautiful - Marco still says that Jack is, "awesome!" Of course he finds great humor in the most eligible bachelor photo - it is just a guy thing no matter what the age!! :) I have assured him that Annie will also acquire a sense of humor - just give her some time to come out of her shell. Wishing you a safe trip home - wondering if you are staying in Cleveland or going to make the trip to Tusc. Co. this eve. Cannot wait to meet Annie! Many blessings!

Marco & Marina

Anonymous said...

You write very well.