Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I LOVE being a MOM!!!!


Checking out the airplanes together! How sweet!!!

Annie can definitely take care of herself. Back away, Jack!! Isn't that amazing. It has been less than two weeks in this picture.

eating crackers on the airplane


moments before becoming a US citizen

We had to carry this brown envelope with care. We could not open it. They ripped it open when we went through customs, definitely not with care! Annie became a US citizen at 3:15 Ohio time. Our flight was then cancelled to Cleveland. We did not want to chance flying standby and waiting until morning so we rented a car and drove home. It took us 8 1/2 hours instead of 5 because of traffic and the weather. Annie was a trooper especially since this was her first time in a car seat. Jack was a trooper, too!



We were pleasantly surprised as we walked into our house (after 35 hours of traveling). The welcome home signs, gifts and food showed the outpouring love of our family, friends and neighbors. THANK YOU!!! Annie cruised along the furniture for about 3 hours when we got home. She was intrigued with the couch. She just rubbed her hands all over it for the longest time.

The 5th grade girls at South Elementary made this sign for Annie. THANK YOU!!!

The 5th grades boys at South Elementary made this sign for Jack. They didn't want him to be left out. They all remember when he was born. THANK YOU!!!




Annie is starting to like toys. She had never seen many toys.





Lili just wanted to kiss Annie then she told her mom she wanted to take Annie home. Sorry, Lili, you can come visit anytime!


Laken, Carys and Sydney give Jack some attention!






Nice, April, Ohio weather! We needed winter coats.


She has no fear of Fletcher, our Golden Retriever. I had a feeling that she would love Fletcher. Who could be afraid of dogs after laughing at the loud, roaring lion ( I was scared) at The Guangzhou Zoo?





We had a wonderful Easter. Jack and Annie both loved The Easter Bunny. It is amazing that Annie isn't afraid of anything (except for her Grandpa Jerry AKA Pops). I'm sure they will soon be best friends.

Thank you, Brooke and Melissa for the beautiful Easter dress!

I'd like to say after 5 nights that we are back to a normal night's sleep but. . . I have to say. . . Jack is still having midnight buffets and matinees. Annie, on the other hand, slept through the night after just 4 nights. YEAH!!! Jack is still up for 2 or 3 hours at a time looking at me like I'm crazy for wanting to sleep. I'll give it a week before I worry! Poor guy, as soon as he had his clock adjusted to China time, it was time to change back to Ohio time.
We have had three days of coordinating naps and bedtime. It's such a great feeling to get them both to sleep at the same time, especially naps by myself.
We love visitors. Stop by or call, anytime! Love, Kari

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful! We love seeing Jack and Annie together. Life is good! See you soon. Love, Tom and Shirley