
Isn't God good? Look at this beautiful little Annie. She fits with us so perfectly!

We were able to listen to the OSU game through the computer. What a disappointing game. Lisa and I decided to go shopping. Each shop we went into they knew Jack AND that he belonged to that tall man, named Erich. We got lots of bargains!! Can't beat $3 for a silk Chinese dress.
The OHIO groupWe went to the "famous" White Swan red couch for pictures. We had family pictures, a travel group picture and a baby picture (which was a disaster). Jack sat in between all of the girls with his Most Eligible Bachelor shirt.
We took a taxi to The Pearl Market. It was nap time for Annie and Jack so Grandma Jane and Grandpa Bob stayed behind. The Pearl Market was located inside Gaungzhou's largest mall. It was more than 10 times bigger than Belden Village and there were people everywhere. The stores in one wing were selling pearls, crystals, gems, jade, turquoise and so many other stones. There were at least 100 gems stores. How do they all stay in business? Erich and I quickly tired of the gems stores. Erich is very glad that I am not into jewelry. We decided to venture off on our own. It was an adventure. We got lots of looks and stares but everyone left us alone for the most part. Of course, we didn't have celebrity Jack, our blonde haired boy, with us. We would have been swarmed!!! We went into some open aired shops that wound deep in like a maze. We probably shouldn't have been in them by ourselves but it was an experience. We felt like we were on The Amazing Race. Those of you who know me well know how much I love The Amazing Race. This made me want to be on it even more. It wasn't a wasted trip. We did find a North Face backpack with a matching one for Jack for $30 ( for both). We then decided to walk back to the hotel. The shops on the way were something to see and smell. I hope we never smell anything like that again!!!
The mall had 7 floors with wings going in every direction. It would have been so easy to get lost.
This picture doesn't do the crowds justice. Most of the people moved out of the way but look down the street, it is solid people. It was unbelievable. I keep saying unbelievable but it is!!!!!
This picture doesn't do the crowds justice. Most of the people moved out of the way but look down the street, it is solid people. It was unbelievable. I keep saying unbelievable but it is!!!!!




8 comments:
Even if the group picture of the babies was stressful, boy, is it cute! I really like Jack's expression in the OH girls pic. That crying didn't faze him a bit!
You are great bloggers, everything is so interesting.
Better go, it's getting close to naptime, for Matthew and ME too, today!
Cindy
PS Melissa, this makes 2 days in a row... :)
Cindy got me again today! Bummer! =)
I know I sound like a broken record, but I am just loving reading your blog and hearing about your adventures. You totally have to do the Amazing Race, Kari! You would do awesome!
I love the cute silk outfits the girls are wearing. And Jack's most eligible bachelor shirt is hysterical!
It seems that people named Lucy are friendly and approachable all over the world, right? This little Lucy is working on getting a cold which totally stinks. Right in time for your homecoming. Figures! Hopefully she will be better by Friday.
You'll be home the day after tomorrow! YIPPEE!!!
Love,
Melissa
Lucy's was our favorite shop too! That's who did our laundry in Guangzhou. She and Ted and Kurt (one of the other dads) had marathon conversations every day...but we paid $4 for the silk dresses. Guess we needed Jack!
I love the blue silks in your pictures.
Lili says, "Why Annie crying, Mom? She miss me?"
We'll see you Friday.
Love,
Nancy and Lili
Your wonderful experience is soon coming to an end and now the great experience of raising two adorable children begins. You all have won the lottery!! Can't wait to get acquainted with Annie. How wonderful that your Mom and Dad shared in this blessed event. Love, Shirley and Tom
You know Jack might be the most eligible bachelor because he seems to make all the girls cry! Erich might have to give him some tips on how to keep the ladies happy.
I don't know what I am going to do when you guys get home, there won't be a blog to read. Kari maybe you could start a book or something, you will probably have all the time in the world !! Ha Ha !! Max won't even let me sit down hardly I can't imagine two of them, hope you used that exercise equipment over there to keep in shape cause you are going to need it.
Tammy and Max
xrtyjjudfA bbvtt-=dccdxxx
love katrina
Kari, Erich, Annie & Jack:
Hope you have a good flight back - no weather or luggage problems - and the two little ones sleep a lot.
I have loved reading all three sites and following your progress.
Looking forward to seeing all three little girls and their 'brother' Jack. What will you do when you can go somewhere and not have anyone touching Jack's hair!! So soon the fame disappears!
Sharon
Traci's Mom
Hi!
What an amazing story! We've enjoyed every day of your journey..Have a safe trip home.We love you.
God bless,
Donna
Post a Comment