Thursday, March 22, 2007

DISNEYLAND HONG KONG






What an amazing day! We went to Disneyland Hong Kong. Yes, Nanc, Shay and Erica, Disneyland. We decided to be adventuresome and take the train instead of the shuttle. The trains were so clean and the people were so friendly. The train we transferred to for Disney was so cool. It had red velvet covered seats, mouse shaped windows and ceiling handrails.


It was so magical entering the park. We walked down a long walkway with music and fun fountains. Inside was set up exactly like The Magic Kingdom in Orlando, just smaller scale. It was missing, It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Haunted Mansion to name a few. If you think Disney World is clean, this is even cleaner if you can imagine that! It must be a slow time because there were very few lines. Jack's favorite was Buzz Light Year. We went on it twice. His eyes lit up when Tigger was bouncing around on The Winnie the Pooh ride. So, we bought him a Tigger stuffed animal. He held it tight the rest of the day, even sleeping.

































After about 3 hours Jack had enough. He fell SOUND asleep. Erich, Grandpa Bob and I rode Space Mountain. It was a very smooth roller coaster with cars that fit 6 people instead of 2. We then went to the parade. It was awesome. Jack slept through the entire parade. Why is it that at the office he wakes up everytime the phone rings or someone comes in the door but he can sleep soundly through a loud parade complete with marching bands plus a front row curb seat???












Jack met a new girlfriend, Amanda, on the train ride home. Again, don't worry Lucy and don't even think about it Nico, she was only his friend for about 10 minutes. Time enough for the universal language of love- by giving high fives, touching each other's hair and hugging. Both families were able to capture their quick love on film.

We went to a authentic Chinese restaurant for dinner. We met our first language barrier. I WAS going to order crab and he kept asking me which kind. Finally he brought this huge live crab to our table for me see. It was at least five pounds, so big there is no way 4 of us could have eaten it. Needless to say, I didn't order it especially when he said it was 800 Chinese dollars about $115 US. Grandpa Bob on the other hand ordered his favorite, duck. He wanted the whole duck. He was so excited when they brought it to the table and started to carve it in front of us complete with its head. However, they only carved the skin and took the duck away. We kept expecting it to come back and it never did! The skin was very crispy. (I wonder what our arteries look like?) My dad is sitting here still wondering what they did with the meat AND what he ordered?


Time for bed, Jack and Erich have another few hours jump on me. I am getting better posting pictures, just a hard time lining them up. It's taking me forever!! Wish me luck I am going to transfer Jack to his crib. Keep the comments and e-mails coming. We love it!! Stay tuned for our next adventure. . . Love, Kari





















































































6 comments:

Becky said...

It is so much fun watching and hearing about your trip! Thanks for keeping us updated! Elaine and Greg are so excited to "see" everything that you're doing. Love to Jack and your mom and dad. Praying for all of you.

Becky

Melissa said...

Kari! Great to hear from you again! I am so glad you guys went to Disney! It looks like you all had so much fun! And your dinner out sounded like a true adventure. That is too funny that they gave you guys the duck skin and not the meat. Maybe the skin is considered a delicacy and not the meat? Anyway, I loved your post about your first night there. And the photos of Jack monopolizing the bed are hysterical! Lucy also has mastered this art (she was up before 5 this morning - shoot me now!). Well, gotta get some stuff done while she is asleep but just wanted to say hi and tell you that I am pretty much thinking about you guys constantly. I really should think about getting a life, I know.

Love, Melissa

Hallie said...

Hi guys!

So excited to see your travel updates! Kari, Jack looks so much like your dad, amazing! He is so cute. I will keep checking for updates. We are all thinking of you guys. XO

Hallie

max's mom said...

You guys look like you are having a blast! It is so great to be able to experience your trip with you. Jack is going to have it down to a science on how to hug all the little Chinese girls, poor Annie will never be able to walk without him hugging her.

Tammy

Ted and Nancy said...

Hi,
Bet you guys are glad you left early. We just got home from dance and Sharon told us that Bob and Lisa are on their way to Japan!
Disney looks great...wish we were there with you.
Enjoy your day tomorrow!
Love,
Nancy

Cindy said...

It is so great to "experience" this trip with you! Thank you for blogging.

Disney looked like a lot of fun. I like the pic of Jack sleeping in the stroller!

By the way, I for one was very interested in the geography lesson! It reminded me of an experiment we had when I was in 5th grade.

With hugs,
Cindy (& Matthew)