Friday, March 23, 2007

SLEEPLESS NIGHT, BUDDAH, HONG KONG DINNER

Today was another fantastic day! We did have a bit of a sleepless night, but who needs sleep-right!!. Jack thinks it is time to get up at midnight, eat snacks, play and stay up until 4:00am. He found his shadow on the wall in the middle of the night. This amused him ( and Erich and I ) for at least 20 minutes. He was dancing with his shadow and making it bigger and smaller as well as waving to it. I wish I would have had enough energy to get the video camera. By the way, I was unsuccessful with the transfer to the crib. Jack slept with us again. This won't be a habit when we get home- will it, Nanc?







We took the train to Lantau today. We boarded a skyrail/gondola for 25 minutes and went to the top of the mountain to see a village and giant Buddah. We found out that Jack is not afraid of heights. He loved standing on the edge of the gondola and looking out of the window. Jack fell asleep walking up the mountain to the Buddah. Erich carried him up all of the 200 steps. We went to an animated and loud theatre. We even had water squirted on us. Jack slept through the entire production. Amazing, again, how does he sleep through all of that noise. (Kindra, walkie talkies are great!)


I thought you might enjoy a picture of the cemetery. It is on a side of a hill. We have gone by it several times and finally figured out that it was a cemetery. Also, Grandma Jane had to go to the bathroom really bad but thought twice when she saw that the toilets were on the ground. I had to go take a picture.






Tonight we took a ferry across the bay to Hong Kong for dinner. The city of Hong Kong is amazing! (Sorry, I posted almost the same picture, pictures are hard for me to post.) It has tall building after tall building with neon lights advertising everything, especially electronics. We ate at a really nice Italian restaurant called Isola. We took a picture of Jack with his mom, a last dinner together as an only child. Jack fell asleep on the ferry boat home, how I don't know it was very rough sailing?So, of course, now he is up thinking it is playtime at 10:30pm. Oh NO!!

Tomorrow morning, bright and early, at 8:00 we need to meet our travel group for a tour. All 10 couples and travel companions are going on a tour. Needless to say I need to get some sleep. My mom, Grandma Jane, is telling me to get to bed, but I just know there are addicted bloggers out there. So, I'm sorry about the sideways pictures. I will post tomorrow after our tour and THEN the next post will be with our little girl, Annie. Only a day and a half away!! Remember to post comments or you can e-mail if you aren't a blogger poster? bringinganniehome@yahoo.com Love, Kari

4 comments:

Leggett said...

WOW, guys....I just checked to see how things were going...SOOOOO happy to see that the travels are going well and that you're having fun!!! Enjoy, enjoy...you can sleep when you get home! (sorta..ha ha) I LOVE the pictures....thanks for keeping us in the know....be safe!
Leggett

Cindy said...

!!!!!!!!

I hope you are all getting blissful, uninterrupted sleep right now!

Again, it is so fun to be part of this through this blog. I appreciate you doing it.

Did I tell you that Annie was a girls name consideration for us? You have great taste!

Although you probably won't read this before you meet Annie, I'll be praying for you all!! What a miracle, born so far away, chosen by God for you! I have goosebumps.

God is good!

love and hugs to all!
Cindy

Melissa said...

Kari - Sounds like you guys had an awesome day! that is too funny about Jack dancing with his shadow! That is absolutely priceless. And don't feel bad about not knowing how to shut off the main switch in the room without turning on the AC! When I was traveling in Asia some of my colleagues stayed at a hotel in Singapore where NO ONE could figure out how to turn off the super bright overhead light in the room. So all of these seasoned professionals ended up sleeping under the covers or with pillows over their heads!

Sounds like it was a good thing you brought so much food for Jack! He is going to eat through that whole suitcase in no time especially if he keeps deciding 12-4 AM is prime buffet time!

Don't worry about the sleeping issues now! Just enjoy yourself! When you get home you will have PLENTY of people ready to help out in whatever way.

I got all teary-eyed reading about Jack's last dinner as an only child! A new chapter is beginning. A new day has come. Hug that beautiful little boy for me.

Sorry I wrote a novel again. I think you're just going to have to deal with my long posts until you get home. It's just because I miss you and am soooo excited, can you tell?

Love,
Melissa

Ted and Nancy said...

Remember that 3 times makes a habit! Hopefully Jack will just think that he can sleep with you in motels. But, at Jack's age, Lili ALWAYS stayed in her crib and look at how she is now. Hate to say it, but you may be doomed to having a sleeping buddy. And, I'm sure that Annie won't want to be left out of the family sleeping parties! Remember those days when we went to bed at 9:00 and slept until it was time to go to school? Yea, I remember them too, but they are only a memory.

Lili says, "What is Jack doing at the window? Why are Jack and Kari in that restaurant? Where's Jack's sister, Annie?"

Hope you enjoy the group tour.
Is Alex your guide in Hong Kong? We really liked him. He'd probably remember Ted because Ted asked 1,000,000 questions!
Love,
Nancy